Regulations and directives such as the CAFE standards and the Kyoto Protocol have been pressurizing the automakers to reduce the greenhouse gas emissions which has led to the adoption of lightweight materials and the changing of the power source of the vehicles.
Electric vehicles (EVs) offers the viable solution to combat the greenhouse gas emissions which are contributed by the automotive industry. Thus, with an increase in the demand for EVs in the market and will further, bolster the demand for EV batteries. However, there are certain factors that are inhibiting the growth of the EV battery market, such as complex manufacturing procedure, high cost of manufacturing batteries, prolonged charge time, and short vehicle range.
Evaluating the current trends in the and addressing the key challenges that have inhibited the large-scale adoption of EVs, BIS Research is conducting a webinar, ‘Inside the EV Batteries of Tomorrow – Rapid Charging, Greater Range, and Lower Costs’ on Tuesday, 26th February 2019 at 1:30 – 2:00 PM PST.
Guest Speaker - Mr. Adalberto Maluf, Director of Marketing, Sustainability and New Business, BYD Brasil
Adalberto Maluf is the Director of Marketing, Sustainability and New Business for BYD Brasil (Build Your Dream), as well as Director for ABVE (Brazilian Association of Electric Vehicles) and member of ABSOLAR board (Brazilian Association of Photovoltaic Solar Energy). Adalberto holds a bachelor on International Affairs and an MSc in Internal Political Economy at the Institute of International Relations of University of Sao Paulo (IRI/USP). Adalberto worked with climate change mitigation projects at subnational governments with focus on energy, sustainability and urban mobility. Prior to BYD, Adalberto worked for the City of Sao Paulo (2006-2007) and was the City Director for the Clinton Climate Initiative (CCI) in partnership with the C40 Cities between 2007 and 2014 in Sao Paulo.
Key takeaways from the webinar
- Gathering insights about the current adoption scenario of EVs globally as well as in specific countries.
- Scrutinizing the problem of battery cost and understanding how companies are planning to tackle the same.
- Exploring the avenues to increase vehicle range through alteration of battery chemistries.
- Addressing the issue of prolonged charging time and the methods to tackle the same.
- Understanding the growth potential of current and future battery chemistries.
Who should attend this webinar?
- Automotive companies
- Battery manufacturers
- Battery component manufacturers
- EV charging service providers
- EV enthusiasts
- Other stakeholders in the electric vehicle ecosystem
Why EVs are the next big thing?
- Reduces carbon footprint of the industry
- Improves sustainability
- Presents new business opportunities
- Mitigates fuel and maintenance cost
Don’t miss out on the opportunity and register for the webinar ‘Inside the EV Batteries of Tomorrow – Rapid Charging, Greater Range, and Lower Costs’ on Tuesday, 26th February 2019.